If you are a fan of off-road vehicles then you will definitely appreciate this lifted Nissan Elgrand minivan equipped with a lift kit, off-road bumper, winch, and other cool accessories. The owner has turned it from a stock minivan into a very capable overland off-road rig. It’s not only great for hauling gear and people but can also get you to places most other vehicles wouldn’t dare to go.
The Nissan Elgrand E51 was produced from 2002 until 2010 in both two-wheel and four-wheel drive versions. It quickly became popular in Japan for its versatility and spacious interior. Three rows of seats make it roomy enough to bring along all your gear, and its V6 engine provides plenty of power. You can even get a roof rack and a sunroof if you want. But what makes the Elgrand truly special is its off-road capability. With a lift kit, off-road bumper, winch, and other cool accessories, this JDM minivan can go anywhere you want to go.
In addition to the standard features, the owner of this E51 Elgrand has made several modifications to turn it into the ultimate off-roading machine. He installed a front RSR Lowdown suspension lift with stock springs and spacers on the back along with oversized 30″ Yokohama Geolandar M/T g003 tires (245/75R16). These modifications allow the Elgrand to have more ground clearance, making it able to tackle any terrain. The rear bumper was also removed to improve the approach and departure angles.
“In addition to the standard features, the owner of this E51 Elgrand has made several modifications to turn it into the ultimate off-roading machine.”
“One of the most noticeable upgrades that you notice upfront of the van is the custom pre-runner style bumper. It was built on the base of the Toyota Hilux bullbar and enhanced with A-beams, a winch-mount plate and a yellow LED lightbar with 4 quad beams on the sides.
Another very cool detail of this build is the rear window-mounted recovery gear such as the roto pax can, shovel and a pair of traction boards.”
Thanks to its spacious interior, the Elgrand makes a great alternative to an SUV for off-roading. It can seat up to eight people comfortably, making it perfect for families or individual travelers looking to organize convenient storage, food prep, and a sleeping platform. With its ample storage space, you can bring all the gear you need for a weekend camping trip or an extended off-road excursion.
“Thanks to its spacious interior, the Elgrand makes a great alternative to an SUV for off-roading.”
SPECS – Nissan Elgrand E51 Off-road Van
- 16″ Off-road Rims
- 30″ Yokohama Geolandar M/T g003 tires (245/75R16)
- Front RSR Lowdown suspension lift
- Stock springs and spacers on the back
- Rear Bumper delete
- 2″ Hitch receiver
- Rear Window-mounted 4×4 accessories
- Custom Honeycomb grille
- Flat-surface roof-rack
Watch the progress and find out more about this Honda Element project by visiting the Instagram profile of the owner: @masa0924h!
Related Parts & Mods
– Inspired by this Honda Element build and looking to prepare your own crossover for off-road adventures? Some parts used on this vehicle were sourced from custom shops or custom made, but our team has put together a list of products and accessories available online that may help you to achieve similar results:
- Yokohama Geolandar M/T g003 tires 245/75R16 – Requires a Lift
- AUTOSAVER88 Bull Bar from 05-15 Toyota Tacoma with LED Lightbar – You will need to make custom brackets to mount it in the same way.
- Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform – Available in Various Sizes
- DANCHEL OUTDOOR Overland Awning (5×8.2ft) – Pull-out style
- X-BULL New Recovery Traction Boards – Sand/Mud/Snow
- Baja Designs Squadron Sport LED – Yellow Driving/Combo
- Auxbeam LED Light Bar 30 Inch, 180W 6 Modes – Amber/White
*Before ordering any part or accessory, it is recommended that you verify its fitment with a qualified professional and/or seller. We are not responsible for fitment or other issues that may arise from using the products featured on our website.
Stay tuned for more project reviews on Offroadium.com – Follow us on social media, and share this write-up if you enjoyed reading it!
Matt is a professional mechanic, experienced off-roader, writer and founder of Offroadium. With over 15 years immersed in the off-road community and 100,000+ miles logged on rugged trails across the Americas, Grabli shares extensive real-world knowledge. He previously worked as an automotive technician before shifting focus to specialty off-road projects. His passion is prepping capable rigs for off-roading and helping others to build the 4x4s of their dreams.