Lifted Lexus NX300 F-Sport With Off-road Mods and M/T Tires
AWD offroading is big today, and we keep seeing new platforms used for weekend adventures by drivers who don’t want to settle with common models. Our today’s feature is dedicated to the bright Orange Lexus NX300 F-Sport which stands out not only because of the color but also because of the cool off-road add-ons installed to improve the versatility and off-road capabilities of this compact luxury crossover.
Every car guy knows that the Japanese car scene is incredibly diverse and full of innovative solutions. People don’t hesitate to experiment and try new things by mixing styles and shapes, and as you may have already noticed from the pictures, this NX is coming right from the Land of the Rising Sun.
“Every car guy knows that the Japanese car scene is incredibly diverse and full of innovative solutions.”
It’s the first time we see a Luxury NX getting an off-road treatment like this, and we must agree that it looks pretty awesome. Now we know that a set of rugged BF Goodrich KM 3 Mud Terrain tires doesn’t look wrong in combination with Lexus cutting edge styling and a roof rack with round Off-road driving lights actually makes it even more…trendy.
“It’s the first time we see a Luxury NX getting an off-road treatment like this, and we must agree that it looks pretty awesome”
The NX shares the wheelbase and AWD system with a late model Toyota RAV4, which proved to be pretty capable off-road, so there is no doubt that an NX fitted with proper tires can show similar results to its utilitarian brother. Although the clearance and lower bumpers deduct a few degrees from the approach and departure angles.
“The NX shares the wheelbase and AWD system with a late model Toyota RAV4, which proved to be pretty capable off-road”
This Lexus NX300 F-Sport sits on a set of KMC KM716 Nomad rims wrapped in BF Goodrich MK3 Mud Tires. This wheel&tire setup leaves almost no clearance in the wheel wells, but still doesn’t rub as per the owner, even though the lift is not installed yet. Tule Roof rack with IPF off-road lights improves the versatility and certainly adds up to the styling of this NX.
If you’re looking for a stylish premium crossover that would provide excellent performance on road and easily take you for a weekend camping trip off the paved roads, the Lexus NX might be a pretty cool choice.
Specs & Mods: Lexus NX300 F-sport
- 246/65/17 BF Goodrich TA KM3 Mud Tires
- IPF 968 Offroad lights
- Pelican Cargo Box
- Thule Roof rack with a shovel holder
- KM716 Nomad rims 17×8 +38ET
Watch the progress and find out more about this Lexus NX300 project by visiting the Instagram profile of the owner: @nx_orange!
Related Parts & Mods
– Inspired by this Lexus NX300 build and looking to prepare your own crossover for off-road adventures? Some parts used on this vehicle were sourced from custom shops or custom made, but our team has put together a list of products and accessories available online that may help you to achieve similar results:
- KMC Nomad Rims 17×8 +38ET – Available in Various Sizes
- 245/65R17 BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 Tires – Requires a lift
- RisingTuning Lift Kit Compatible with Lexus NX 1.6” 40mm – We haven’t tested this lift kit with the wheel combo above and can’t guarantee fitment, so you may want to do additional measurments or consult with your installer before opting for this setup.
- MotorFansClub Roof Racks Cross Bars – Good For Models with Sunroof
- Thule Canyon XT Cargo Basket – Size 50.25″ x 41″ x 6″ Installs on Load Bas
- 968CSG IPF 6″ 55W Light with Grill – 55 Watt
*Before ordering any part or accessory, it is recommended that you verify its fitment with a qualified professional and/or seller. We are not responsible for fitment or other issues that may arise from using the products featured on our website.
Stay tuned for more project reviews on Offroadium.com – Follow us on social media, and share this write-up if you enjoyed reading it!
Automotive journalist and technical writer at Offroadium.com with more than 10 years of experience in the sphere of aftermarket parts and 4×4 vehicle modifications. Passionate about off-roading, outdoor adventures, and an active lifestyle.
It needs to get the front bumper chopped to improve the ground clearance, because you can easily rip off the entire front end on the trails
What’s the MPG at with all the mods?
Wondering if this setup is right for me, but I’d chop the bumper as well.